Following the latest international developments of the growing Corona / Covid-19 pandemic, the Plastic Waste 2 Plastic Conference has been rescheduled and will take place on 9 November 2020 at Brightlands Chemelot Campus, The Netherlands.
The new ecosystems contain the following steps in the materials cycle:
- End of life Plastic Waste Stream Collection
- Cleaning, Sorting and Separation
- Chemical recycling
- Thermal and Thermochemical recycling / Pyrolysis
- Processing of recycled materials (plastics and chemicals)
- Production of recycled plastic materials
- Reuse of the newly created plastics in applications
- End of life plastic waste stream collection
Besides the development of a new ecosystem, additional topics are related and relevant for the success of this new ecosystem:
- Can chemical recycling become economically viable?
- Can chemical recycling be cost-competitive with virgin plastic?
- What is the demand for the chemical recycling outputs of the different recycling processes?
- What are the real environmental and health impacts of the different recycling processes when operating at scale?
- How do the Life Cycle Assessments of the different recycle technologies compare
- What key parameters determine the choice for chemical versus mechanical recycling
- Can this type of recycling become complementary to the other waste management processes. What needs to happen to make this possible?
During the conference the (inter)national speakers will present the current status and (nearby) future of the above mentioned steps/issues. Besides the conference, partners will demo their solutions at the demo location.
This conference is part of the Sustainable Materials Series and contains the following adjacent conferences:
Who should attend:
- R&D and management of
- Producers of plastics
- Producers of chemical raw materials
- Actors in plastic waste management including waste collectors, suppliers of sorted plastic waste, plastic recyclers, users of recycled plastics
- Governmental bodies
- Regulatory institutions
|In conclusion these developments could become of paramount importance to change the way we recycle. Therefore the conference will take place at a location which strives to become leader in sustainability, Brightlands Chemelot Campus, our strategic partner. Brightlands Chemelot Campus is a world-leading innovation location in smart materials and sustainable manufacturing and home to a vibrant and fast-growing open community of groundbreaking companies and knowledge institutes. With its location, ecosystem and easily available expertise and knowledge, Brightlands Chemelot Campus is a unique location for innovative start-ups and corporations, forward-thinking knowledge institutes, daring entrepreneurs, brilliant researchers, talented students and visionary investors.|
This conference is organised by Jakajima, Matchmaker for Innovators.